Your information will be stored on servers located in Canada and is subject to regulation under the laws of Canada. We follow applicable law and guidelines for handling personal information in these jurisdictions.
If users have questions or concerns regarding this statement, they should contact Neighbourhood Customer Support service by email: email@example.com.
- Notification of Changes
- What personal information we collect
- Information We Collect
We collect the following personal information from you.
- Information you input into Neighbourhood about you personally which may include name, address, country, age, gender, photograph and answers to profile personality questions.
- Any additional information filled in as forms for Neighbourhood or part of paper sign up for trials.
- Feedback in relation to Activity Partners.
- Information that you provide in Pod activity chat rooms, chat or content posted.
- Information you provide to us in correspondence via phone, email or otherwise.
- Automatically collected Information
Due to the technical nature of accessing information over the internet, when you visit our Site, we obtain the following information about how you access the Site including (but not necessarily limited to):
- the web address of the Site that you came from or are going to;
- which pages of our Site and features of our app you visit or use;
- the type of browser you use and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions;
- the times you access our Site or app;
- the type of device you use to access our Site or app
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,
- your login information,
- operating system, and
We also obtain the following information about how you access the Site including (but not necessarily limited to):
- full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
- page response times;
- download errors;
- length of visits to certain pages;
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and
- methods used to browse away from the page
We use this information only to try to understand your preferences better and to manage the load on our servers, so as to improve our service, analyze trends, administer the site, improve site performance, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We do not track the Sites that you visit before or after you leave our site.
- Our use of “Cookies”
"Cookies" are small files of data that reside on your computer and allow us to recognize you as a Neighbourhood user if you return to our site using the same computer and browser.
Cookies are used to make Sites work quicker and more efficiently. We send a "session cookie" to your computer if and when you log in to your Neighbourhood account by entering your email address and password. These cookies allow us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages in our site during the same session, so that you don't need to re- enter your password multiple times. Once you log out or close your browser, these session cookies expire and no longer have any effect.
You can set your browser to remove cookies but if you do so then certain features of the Site may not work properly.
- Customer service correspondence
If you send us correspondence, including emails or text messages, we retain such information in the records of your account. We will also retain all related correspondence from Neighbourhood to you and all related records. We retain these records in order to measure and improve our customer service, or as required to comply with applicable law and/or regulation.
- Questionnaires, surveys
or profile data
From time to time, we may offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users for such purposes as collecting demographic information or assessing users' interests and needs. The use of the information collected will be explained in detail in the survey itself. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
- Aggregated data
Using the Site it is possible to collect aggregated anonymized data either by way of the Site or by third party analytical services used in connection with the Site (such as Google Analytics) which is collected and stored without association with personal information and does not identify Customer in any way ("Aggregated Data"). All Aggregated Data is and will be, as between Neighbourhood and Customer, the property of Neighbourhood and not considered to be personal information.
- Information We Collect
- Use and Disclosure of Collected
- Internal Uses
We use the information we collect about you in order to:
- Verify your identity
- Provide our services
- Process your transactions
- Improve our services
- Personal our services to you
- Help our Activity Partners understand what our users think of their activity
- Inform you about important updates to Neighbourhood
- Contact you for marketing purposes.
- Disclose information when legally required to applicable governmental, law enforcement or regulatory authorities
- Verify or enforce compliance to Neighbourhood policies and protect against misuse or unauthorized use of Neighbourhood
- Administer Neighbourhood and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing ,research, statistical and survey purposes
- Measure the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
We limit access to personal information about you to those employees and agents who need to know the information to provide products and services to you.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties except in the limited circumstances described below, or with your express permission. These third parties are limited by law or by contract from using the information for secondary purposes beyond the purposes for which the information is disclosed. We disclose information appropriate to the circumstances as determined in our sole unfettered discretion.
- We disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
- We may use a third party communication company to communicate with you. We will require such third party to only use your contact information for the purpose of our communications with you and will also require such third party to delete such contact information from their records following the termination of their retainer by Neighbourhood.
- We disclose information that we are required by applicable law to disclose to applicable parties including, without limitation, law enforcement authorities, regulators or auditors.
- We may disclose your information to third party service providers who are bound by confidentiality with respect to your personal information. These service providers may include advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- We may disclose your information to third party service providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site which may include analytics and search engine providers
- Our contacts with you
We communicate with users on a regular basis via email or text or other electronic means to provide requested services. We also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints. We use your email address or phone number to confirm your various transactions, including opening of an Neighbourhood account, to send you notice of delivered messages, to send information about important changes to our products and services, to inform you about new pricing or products or services, to alert you to public security or privacy threats (such as email solicitation) and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be administrative in nature rather than promotional.
We communicate with users on a minimal basis for the purpose of Neighbourhood services communication, unless you opt-out of these communications, sent as an option in each communication. Communications may include, without limitation, email to suggest new Neighbourhood products or services, surveys, web-based contests and prizes, direct postal mail or phone calls.
You can be asked to be removed from such communication at any time.
and deletion of information
We retain all records related to messages sent or received via Neighbourhood, your personal identification or any other information about you or pertaining to you for as long as you have an Neighbourhood account. When you become an Neighbourhood user, we also retain records and information about you throughout the application process. We may, over time, delete these records if permitted by law or regulation.
Once we terminate your Neighbourhood account, subject to applicable laws requiring us to retain records, Neighbourhood will retain all data you have placed on the Site in accordance with the Neighbourhood TOS.
- Internal Uses
- Updating Your Information
You can review the personal information you provided us and make changes to some information, or to the settings for your account, at any time by logging in to your account on our Site and changing your information.
- Security of stored information
Information and data security is of paramount importance at Neighbourhood. Neighbourhood is committed to handling all of your information with the highest standards of information security.
Neighbourhood also takes the following measures to protect user and business data:
- Neighbourhood uses enterprise-grade security measures to protect customer data from unauthorized access. 256-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology is used to protect data in-transit and ensure the confidentiality of your data. The encryption process protects your information by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once Neighbourhood receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure however.
- The Neighbourhood platform is hosted in a secure server environment that uses firewalls, encryption, and other advanced security technologies to ensure that data is kept safe, secure, and only available to customers who own and have access to it.
- Encrypted password authentication is used to verify that users logging into the system are who they claim to be. Neighbourhood does not store confidential username or password information on your computer, but instead uses an advanced method of encrypted session identification for authenticated users.
- Managed Backup: Hourly and daily incremental backups of all data is performed.
- Security threats: Neighbourhood pays close attention to emerging internet security threats and applies patches to Neighbourhood servers as required to further ensure the security of data.
- We maintain other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws to guard your non-public personal information.
We use what we believe to be “best-of- class” hosting services and security technologies and services that we believe provide you with a secure and safe environment. Information is hosted at Amazon via Amazon's cloud services. Security specification at such services are described in Amazon's Site.
Neighbourhood's managed hosting partner provides the following:
- Network availability: 99.95% network uptime SLA.
- Facility: Industrial strength datacenter that includes dedicated hosting centers across North America.
- ISO 27001-certified information security management system, SAS 70 Type II- compliant control standards.
Our general policies and beliefs around data security are:
- You own your private data, not us.
- You can delete your private data from Neighbourhood when you want.
- We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
- Your responsibilities
The security of your Neighbourhood account also relies on your protection of your password. You may not share your password with anyone. Neighbourhood will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on the Neighbourhood Sites, at the following URLs: www.jointheneighbourhood.com or any of our other sites.
Any email or other communication requesting your password, asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, or linking to a Site with a URL other than those specified within this document should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to Neighbourhood immediately. If you do share your Neighbourhood password with a third party for any reason, you may be responsible for actions taken using your password. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please contact us right away via our Contact Us page.
- Security of stored information